- 1 Parents Guide To Choose The Best Harness Booster Car Seat – TYPES OF BOOSTER CAR SEATS
- 2 Backless booster car seats
- 3 High-back booster car seats
- 4 Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Harness Booster Car Seat
- 5 Features Of The Best Booster Car Seat
- 6 How To Buy Booster Car Seat?
- 7 Tips to Buy The Best Harness To Booster Car Seat For Your Kid
- 8 Share
- 9 About Post Author
Parents Guide To Choose The Best Harness Booster Car Seat – TYPES OF BOOSTER CAR SEATS
Choosing the best toddler booster car seat among the types that are available is important. there are mainly two types of toddler booster car seats, one i.e. backless and the other that had high-back.
Backless booster car seats
Backless booster car seats are portable. They are easy to carry and can be attached to different vehicles. The backless car seats are kept in the place by the weight of the children and with the help of the seat belt that is fastened over the child.
High-back booster car seats
Although the backless ones are portable, yet the safest toddler booster car seat is high-back one. The high-back booster car seat may come with or without the headrest. They are usually recommended as they have the seat belt position better. Moreover, they also protect your child from whiplash, also providing side impact protection.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Harness Booster Car Seat
While choosing the best booster car seat following things should be kept in mind.
1. Your child
You need to keep the track of your child’s age, weight and height. All these factors will affect the kind of seat that you need. There are height and weight limitations when it comes to booster car seats. You will need to choose the best booster car seat that suits your child perfectly as the effectiveness of the safest car seat depending on the child’s compatibility with the booster car seat. If you have medium to small cars, then you can check the best convertible car seats 2020 here.
2. Your car
It is important that you read your car features that they have provided regarding the car safety seats. Some cars may be equipped with the LATCH system, so it is important that you already figure out your car’s compatibility. Also, whether your car has a headrest or not, or has low-seat backs also greatly affects the type of booster car seat that you will be buying.
Features Of The Best Booster Car Seat
When buying the best booster car seat, keep in mind the following features:
High safety rating
The high safety rating of the best booster car seat will tell you its effectiveness. If the booster car seat has proven to be gone under a crash and has prevented injury or even have kept it to a minimum, then it might be the best booster car seat to buy. You can check the booster car seat high-safety ratings from the organizations that have conducted the independent crash test.
The vehicles that have latch connectors allow the booster car seat installation. From the year 2002, vehicle models have been compatible with booster car seats.
Adjustable headrest / harness / harness height
The best booster car seat to buy come with adjustable headrest, harness, and harness height. This kind of seat is also ideal for the children who are not so big to use booster seats yet have outgrown the forward-facing car seats. These children might be too small for achieving proper belts with a booster car seats, so they can use the harness instead. The adjustable restraints system will protect the child unless they are too big to use the seat belts as restraints.
Impact absorbing foam
The booster seat has impact absorbing foam that will make sure the safety of your child from any crash.
The best booster car seat has side protection in case the any impact comes from the sides of the car rather than front or back.
Removable seat cover
For maintaining the booster cars seat in a clean position, look for booster car seat that have removable seat cover.
Booster car seats might come with belt-positioning clips that will guide the vehicle’s seat belt. These clips will make sure that the belt fits your child in right manner.
Easy to install
How to install a booster seat? If you change the vehicles to often, then it is recommended to choose an easy to install booster car seats. The more the easiness in installing the car seat, the more there are chances of installing the booster car seat properly and correctly. This will not take waste of your time. The best booster car seat which is easy to install will have the instructions of the manufacturers which are easy to understand. The seat also comes with codes and colored guidelines that will make the installation process easier. Some booster car seat also has indicators that will tell you if the seat has been installed correctly.
You definitely want a comfortable ride for your little one. The best booster car seat is soft and have comfortable mound, along with cushioned linings for soothing your child. Some of the car booster seats might be reclined which will help your child to relax even more.
The added features such as cup holders and pockets in the booster car seat might be useful. They add to additional support for your child’s basic needs, keeping him safe all the time.
How To Buy Booster Car Seat?
- It depends on your child’s readiness if you are deciding to buy a booster car seat. Different cars seat is manufactured for different age groups. This clarifies that the protection given by forward-facing car seats is for babies who are two years of age while it might not be safe for the infants for whom infant car seats are available. You can look for the best lightweight infant car seats 2020 here. Then Same is for the booster car seat, you will have to make sure that your child is ready for the booster car seat.
- Before you buy the booster car seat, check that it fits your vehicle properly. Make your child sit on the booster car seat to check that he is comfortable within the seat.
- Research is recommended. Read about all the different model of car booster seat that is available. You can see the high-safety ratings. Reda the survey consumer reviews and see what models have been recommended more. Also, read the list of car seats that were recalled for not being safe.
- Decide on a budget. It might cost you $25 for a back booster car seat while for a high-back and good quality booster car seat, it might cost $100 to $250.
- Remember to keep the receipt safe if you have purchased the seat and also try to keep the track of the booster car seat serial number so that if you need to recall for units to be replaced because of any defect.
Tips to Buy The Best Harness To Booster Car Seat For Your Kid
- Do not buy second-hand units that have an unknown or unreliable history. The booster car seat has been tested and rated for one-time collisions. It is possible that the second-hand unit that you are planning to buy has already been into some collision. The car seats that have been into a crash whether a child was seated in it or not, should be avoided always.
- Boosters car seat have weight limits so read the specified weight limits in the manual of the manufacturer and follow the guidelines provided. Usually, when the weight of the car seat and the child exceeds 65 lbs, it is suggested to fasten the car seat belt for holding the seat in place.
- In case of the backless booster seat, your car must have headrests that are above your child’s ears.
- You will first have to figure out whether your child is ready for the booster car seat or not. Here are the ways to tell: the weight and height of your child have exceeded the forward-facing car seat, the shoulder harness slots are already below the shoulders of your child, the head of your child has reached the top of his forward-facing car seat.
- To check whether your child is the right fit for a booster seat, you will have to make your child sit on the seat. If he is comfortably seated all the way against the backseat, the knees of your child shout be bent at the seat edge and the legs should not be sticking straight out.
- Once your child is fastened, check the correct belt position. The seat belt of the booster car seat should go across the thighs and not on the abdomen. The belt on the shoulder should land cross the centre of the chest, not on the neck and should be between the collarbone and sternum.
- The best position for the booster car seat in the middle rear seat since it will protect your child from impacts that come from the sides.
View more Best Booster Car Seats