- 1 GRACO CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT FOR YOUR BABY IN 2021
- 1.1 1. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- 1.2 2. Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 1.3 3. Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat
- 1.4 4. Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat with Latch System
- 1.5 5. Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 1.6 6. Graco Highback Turbobooster Car Seat
- 1.7 7. Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 1.8 8. Graco Car Seat Recall
- 2 Graco FAQ’S
The objective of a car seat is to safeguard the lives of passengers while they are traveling. Enacted by the US in 1966, the National Traffic and Motor Vehicles Safety Act provides considerable information about the requirement for proper anchorage as well as the construction of automobile vehicle seat assemblies, both for adults and children.
The main focus of this law is to provide security for the protection of child passengers due to any mishap or accident. The Act also covers car seats designed for children; the age group ranges from newborn babies to 8 years. There are numerous organizations that research and develop, manufacture, and market car seats in the US markets.
One such prominent organization is Graco, an organization with a large market share. Currently, this organization offers a wide range of car seats with innovative and exceptional features that makes them attractive to customers. Some of their most sought-after products are described below:
Considered as one of the best car seat products in the market, the manufacturer seeks to provide an innovative product through Graco extend2fit convertible car seat. For example, this product is specifically designed as per the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics related to the fact that children up to 2 years of age should ride rear-faced and Graco infant car seat has this facility. In addition to that, the Graco infant car seat also has a Simply Safe Adjust feature that enables you to adjust the height of the headrest as well as the height of the harness. Further, the Graco extend2fit convertible car seat has some features such as Fuss Free Harness Storage and InRight LATCH that make this product hassle-free to use. Some pros and cons of this product are as follows –
- Budget-friendly for the users when compared to other similar products
- Innovative features such as Fuss Free harness storage and InRight LATCH
- Unsuitable for small SUVs
- Cup holders are square and are unable to fit the round cups
- Cup holders are sometimes out of reach for toddlers.
- Not easy to tighten the seatbelt.
With Graco milestone car seat, the manufacturer provides three seats in one that provide your child comfort at every level. According to the manufacturers, Graco click connect car seat can be broadly described as a convertible car seat with a belt-positioning, a forward-facing and rear-facing booster. In addition, the Graco click connect car seat has a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System so as to adjust the headrest and harness together and a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System to install the system in a correct manner. The 4-position recline of the product keeps your child comfortable while traveling. Moreover, the product has a lot of safety features. Some pros and cons of the Graco baby car seat are as follows –
- The manufacturers have included a lot of safety features in the design.
- The product is reasonably priced when compared to other products.
- It is easy to buckle and unbuckle your child.
- The product can be used for all child age groups and can be upgraded as per requirement.
- It is not easy for the infant to reach for the cupholder.
- The placing of cupholder is awkward as it makes it difficult for a child to get in or sit comfortably during traveling.
Defined primarily as an ultra-lightweight infant car seat, the Graco snugride click connects 35 infant car seats allows you to carry your baby from the car to the stroller easily and quickly. Further, the Graco toddler car seat is designed primarily to keep the baby safe and cosy with Click Connect technology that provides a one-step attachment for every Graco Click Connect strollers for a customized travel experience. In addition to that, Graco snugride click connect 35 infant car seat
is considered as the best option for first-time users. This car seat can be cleaned easily with soap and water. Some pros and cons of Graco snugride click connect 35 infant car seat is as follows –
- An extremely light car seat
- Budget-friendly price
- Compatible with any Graco Connect stroller
- No body pillow for a newborn baby, so it is difficult to support his or her head in an adequate manner.
- The sunshade, when adjusted makes a loud sound and may come undone.
- The harness straps can be adjusted only from the back; thus, the car seat cannot be adjusted quickly.
With the Affix Backless Youth Booster Car Seat, you many innovative features such as a LATCH system that secures the safety of your child while traveling in a vehicle. Further, it is easy for a child to self-buckle and feel like a grown-up. In addition to that, it has an integrated cup holder so that the child can keep his or her drinks and snacks close. Affix Backless Youth Booster Car Seat also has hideaway storage where your child can keep her favorite toys and books. The Affix Backless Youth Booster has been tested to meet the standards established by U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213 New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) as well. Some pros and cons of this product are as follows –
- The Affix Backless Youth Booster Car Seat has an innovative LATCH system that can be used for easy self-buckling.
- The Affix Backless Youth Booster can be easily and quickly secured to the seat.
- The car seat is durable and protects your child during an accident.
- With an integrated cup holder, it is easy for a child to keep snacks and drinks closer.
- Further, with hideaway storage, you can store your child’s favorite books and toys during a lengthy tour.
- The Affix Backless Youth Booster car seats cannot be installed in a Chevy flawlessly.
The Graco’s Size4Me 65 convertible car seat provides various innovative features for the protection, safety and comfort of children of all age-group and includes Simply Safe Adjust harness system that adjusts both the headrest and harness height with no rethreading. In addition to that, it includes an exclusive In Right LATCH system for one-second LATCH attachment, removable head/body support, and three recline and two buckle positions that has been specifically designed for keeping your child comfortable and safe during traveling. Further, it is very easy to clean the Graco’s Size4Me 65 convertible car seat with a damp cloth.
- Graco’s Size4Me 65 convertible car seat is specifically designed for comfort and safety.
- The product has removable body support and headrest to make your baby feel comfortable.
- The product has energy-absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- To get your baby get in and out quickly and easily, this infant car seat has 5-point, front-adjust harness.
- The latch of this car seat is equipped with an easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation.
- According to some customers, the buckle is not long enough on this seat and thus it’s not easy to buckle the child.
- It is not easy for the child to reach the cupholder.
Described as the coolest car seat in the market, the Graco High Back TurboBooster Seat has many child-friendly features such as the hideaway cup holders, height-adjustable head support, padded armrests as well as EPS and energy-absorbing foam. Further, this car seat has open-loop belt guides for ensuring proper seat belt positioning. In addition to that, it is easy to convert the high-back child booster seat to a backless booster seat. To ensure the safety and comfort of your child, the manufacturers have crash-tested this Graco High Back TurboBooster Seat to meet as well as exceed the US safety standards.
- Graco High Back TurboBooster Seat is easy to install and uninstall.
- Graco High Back TurboBooster Seat also has several new child-friendly features such as hideaway cup holders, height-adjustable head support, height-adjustable, padded armrests as well as EPS.
- According to some customers, the seat is not very comfortable
- The seat is too wide for a bucket seat of any midsized car’s seat; since it has to be pushed off-center, your child cannot buckle himself or herself easily.
- When empty, the back sometimes rattles and falls off.
Considered as one of the coolest car seat products in the market, the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat is famous for its durability with its flexible conversion from rear-facing infant car seat to forward-facing 5-point harness seat. Again, from forward-facing harness seat position to a high-back belt-positioning booster and then to a backless belt-positioning booster seat. Thus, it fits in any vehicle from a small car to a big SUV. Additionally, the manufacturers offer various features for a proper fit such as a 10-position headrest and a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System that enables you to adjust the headrest and harness without any rethreading. Further, Graco4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat provides facilities not only for a cupholder but also for storing toys. Not only that, it is easy for you to keep the car seat clean as all you need to do is to separate the plastic from the fabric and then wash it in a washing machine. You also can clean the plastic part of the car seat with soap and water. Although the price of this Graco Convertible car seat can be considered as expensive when compared to other products in the market, Graco infant car seat is durable in the longer term. This is mainly due to the fact that the manufacturers of this Graco baby car seat use premium raw materials, whether it is fabric or plastic.
- Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat is the only car seat in the market that can be used as an infant seat to a booster seat.
- The Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat can be used in any position.
- This Graco toddler car seat is the best option for families with a number of children.
- The cost of the product is more when compared to similar products in the market.
- The warning labels located on the product may harm the child in hot climate.
- The headrest may present some problems for your child.
8. Graco Car Seat Recall
- Graco My Ride 65 seats
In 2018, the organization recalled more than 25,000 Graco My Ride 65 car seats throughout the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the webbing in this car seat failed to meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety standards. Due to the failure of webbing, the children were not being restrained appropriately during travel and as a result, they had an increased chance of injury during a crash or accident. Some models that were recalled were manufactured during 2015 and the model numbers include 1871689, 1908152, 1813074, 1872691, 1853478, 1877535, 1813015 and 1794334.
- Graco Argos 70 car seats
As a prominent organization in the car seat market, Graco markets some premium products in the market, but there are times when its products do not meet the standards required by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or Federal Motor Vehicle Safety. One such product remains the Graco Argos 70 car seats produced from 2011 to 2013. This model was recalled as the inside part of the harness buckle continued to be sticky due to various reasons. Consequently, the buckle became harder and difficult to open in an easy manner. This was the main reason why the organization recalled this model and replaced it for free.
- Graco Classic Ride 50 car seat
Over the years, the organization has recalled many models of the car seats when it detected issues with the car seat, in order to ensure the safety and comfort of children while travelling. The third model that was recalled by Graco was Graco Classic Ride 50 when some customers complained about a particular defect related to the inside part of the harness buckle; they found it difficult to open. After getting those complaints and notification from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the organization created a comprehensive recall framework to handle the complaints of the customers.
- Graco Nautilus 3-1 car seat
The Graco Nautilus 3-1 car seat received a number of customer complaints and the bad publicity had a negative effect on the brand image of Graco. Graco handled it by recalling Graco Nautilus 3-1 car seat in a systematic way. A specific customer care number was given where the affected customers could register their concerns and get replacements. In addition, the organization created a webpage where the customers could register their product and ask for a replacement.
- Graco Snugride Classic 30 car seat
The reputation of Graco is generally immaculate in the market. Further, expert reviews are always excellent. However, in last few years, there has been incidents where the products have not met the Federal motor vehicle safety standards or the requirements of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The model Graco Snugride Classic 30 car seat received customer complaints. They professionally countered the complaints with an initiative to recall the products with a special recall procedure. Graco replaced the defective piece in the Graco Snugride Classic 30 car seat without any cost. These prompt recall responses by Graco has validated the reliability of the organization and has no doubt enhanced its image among users.
View more Graco Car Seats on Amazon.com, the best choice for you.
- How to Install Graco Car Seat
The correct installation of Graco car seat is compulsory for overall function and safety of the car seat. The first step is to read the manual. The second step is to start installing the car seat and there are two methods for this action. The first is to use the seat belt of the vehicle in the older cars. The second method is to employ the LATCH system in the new car models and install the car base first. The next step would be to request a car seat technician to inspect the seat and verify that its been securely installed.
2. How to Install Graco Car Seat Base
Before starting the installation of Graco Car Seat Base, it is necessary to keep the car seat manual as well as vehicle manual on hand. Further, it is necessary to ensure that during this time, the vehicle should be on level ground. The first step is to push the base against the vehicle seat back in the rear seat. Then, lift the snuglock arm. After that, you need to check the level indicator to ensure that it is correct for the age group of the child. Then you need to route the belt and buckle the vehicle belt and continue to follow the car seat manual. If there is any problem, you should call a car seat technician.
- How to Remove Graco Car Seat from Base
Before removing the Graco car seat from the base, you need to take two important steps –they are to keep the vehicle manual and car seat manual at hand and ensure that the vehicle is on level ground. The next step would be to go behind the car seat and click the red lever on the top. It would enable you to take out the rubber seat. Then you need to click the red button in front and then the red button in its vicinity to loosen the shell. After that, you just need to follow the instructions that are provided in the car seat manual to complete the process or you can call a car seat technician to do the same.
- How to Clean a Graco Car Seat
There is no doubt that cleanliness is part of car hygiene especially when you need to deal with the mess made by an infant or child in the car when they eat or drink. But there is no reason to worry as the fabric and plastic of the car seat has been specifically selected by Graco, so that it can be easily cleaned with soap, water or a wet cloth. All the user needs to do is to remove or uninstall the car seat from the vehicle and clean it separately. After cleaning with ordinary soap and water and drying it, you can install it again.
- How to Loosen Straps on Graco Car Seat
Using Graco car seats is very easy as it is very user-friendly, however when it comes to loosening straps on a Graco car seat, there are some problems, since with different models, the user needs to use different techniques. For example, some car seats have age indicators and the user needs to select proper age as per the child who is using the car seat. The other models have a button that should be clicked or loosened as per the requirement of a child who is using it. While in some other Graco models, the user just has to adjust the straps as per requirement.
- How to Install Graco Click Connect Car Seat Base
The first step in this process would be to keep the vehicle manual and car seat manual at hand and ensure that the vehicle is on level ground. The next step would be to get Graco Click Connect Car Seat Base and install the base through seat belt installation. For that, you need to push the base against the vehicle in the rear seat and lift the arm of the snuglock. Then, you need to check the level indicator to ascertain that it matches with the age of the child. Then you have to route the belt through belt routing guides and buckle the belt. Finally, you need to remove the slack and lock the snuglock arm, then check that it is securely installed.
- How to Install Graco 4ever Car Seat
There are two ways to install Graco 4ever Car seat – they are through seat belt installation and latch installation. The first step always is to ensure that the vehicle is parked on a level ground and keep the vehicle and car seat manual at hand. You also need to check the diagrams in the manual while installing the Graco 4ever Car seat throughout the procedure. After that, you should push the base of the car seat against the vehicle seat back in the position required by the child and lift the arm of the car seat, then adjust the level indicator as well as ascertain that the straps are suitable for the child. Then, you should use the latch or belt through the belt routing guides and buckle them. Finally, you need to check the strap and then lock the arm of the car seat.
- How to Install a Graco Car Seat
Graco Car seats have a good reputation in the market when it comes to the safety and comfort of your child during travelling. However, you should ensure that the correct procedure is followed for secure installation of the Graco car seat in any vehicle. For that purpose, you need to read and follow the procedure outlined by car seat manual as well as the vehicle manual. If there is any problem, you can consult a car seat technician or call the customer service helpline provided by the Graco; Graco customer care is available 24/7.
- How to Adjust Graco Car Seat Straps
Graco has launched several best-selling models of infant and children car seats that are extremely safe for children of different age groups. Especially, Graco’s LATCH technology is commendable, wherein the straps can be adjusted as per the requirement of the child while travelling. The technology integrates adjusting straps with a click of the button. Moreover, loosening them, tightening them or checking the level-indicator and adjusting the straps according to the age-group of the child, is a breeze. As the procedure may differ slightly in each model, the first step should always be to keep the vehicle and car seat manual at hand and follow the step outlined there.
- How to Put Together a Graco Car Seat
A good car seat is vital for the safety and comfort of your child. The first step to put together a Graco Car Seat is to keep the vehicle manual and car seat manual at hand. The second step would be to ensure that the vehicle is parked on a level ground. The next step would be to strap the baby to the car seat and harness him or her and adjust the straps as per requirement. Then, after freeing the child, you need to attach the harness to the car seat from behind. Finally, you require utilizing the LATCH technology or seat belt method to attach the car seat to the vehicle.
- How to Loosen Straps on Graco 4ever Car Seat
Every product offered by Graco is safe. One major facet of a safe car seat is the car seat straps. Graco models use two different methods to adjust the straps of the car seat. To loosen straps on Graco 4ever car seat, the first step is to ask the child to occupy the car seat and then take the straps in your hands, harness the straps to the child and attach them on the top of the headrest; then you need to latch the attachment so that the child is securely placed in the seat and click the button. To loosen them, you need to click the button and loosen the harness.
- How to Put Graco Car Seat Cover Back On
After washing and cleaning a Graco car seat cover, you obviously need to put it back on the car seat. For that purpose, the first step would be to attach the harness and the straps inappropriate holes and return to the default arrangement. After arranging the harness properly both in the back as well as the front, you should clip on the harness to the car seat. The final step in putting the Graco car seat cover back on would be to arrange the headrest as per the height of your child.
Please go through the Best Baby Essentials shop for reviews of the product to gain more insight into the product. You can also buy these car seats directly from the official product website.
View more Graco Car Seats on Amazon.com, the best choice for you.