Read Time:5 Minute, 18 Second
Kids electric scooters are gaining popularity these days because they allow for comfortable short-distance transportation. And they also an ideal Christmas gift for kids and adults. The electric scooters of today are designed similar to the original scooters from Razor, the only difference is that the ones we have now are powered by electricity.
These kids scooters are safe to use, they do not run too fast nor too slow. An E325 electric scooter actually can only go up to 15 miles per hour.
Battery and Charging:
Most kids electric scooters can perform for full 45 minutes on a fully charged 12 volt sealed lead batteries. Recharging time mostly is for 8 hours.
Like in all motor vehicles, the first maintenance procedure you should do is to make regular brake checks. Breaks are very important because they can really save you from unwanted accidents. The next part you should always check is the tires; they should be inflated adequately.
For additional safety measures, do not let your child ride without a helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads. You have to tell your kids the importance of these accessories. It does not matter if your kid is an experienced scooter rider or if they are over 12, the risk will always be there, so it’s better to be safe than sorry or injured.
There are many customers that have left good reviews and encouraging comments for the kids’ electric scooters of their choice. Most of the reviews are about the convenience these scooters have provided and about the safety of use.
Most times, customers also go ga-ga over the designs, but more often than not, they are more impressed with the ease of use.
Older customers are saying that, though these are kids’ electric scooters, they are able to use them to take cruises around the neighborhood or when they go for some grocery shopping.
Customers are also recommending these electric scooters to their family friends and most are even thinking of buying them as gifts for their kids, nephews, and nieces.
Some of the most recommended kids’ electric scooters include:
The Razor E325 Electric Scooter which is one of the top-selling models in this category. This electric scooter is actually rated number one on Amazon reviews. It is available for less than $200, which means it is one of the most affordable electric scooters in the market today. It can reach up to 15 miles per hour and it designed for use of kids 12 years old and above. It features a quiet running motor and allows for a smooth and well-balanced ride. It also comes with a hand-operated brake that allows for quick stops when necessary. The folding handlebars are also very convenient because they allow for easy and compact storage.
The Razor Pocket Mod is also a well recommended electric scooter for kids. It offers comfort and style and it is also a top-rated product on Amazon. With speed capacity of up to 15 miles per hour, this electric scooter is a joy to ride around town. It is equipped with a small under the seat compartment and a very useful retractable kickstand. It has a very powerful built-in battery that can run non-stop for up to 10 miles on a full single charge. It can accommodate up to 150 pounds of weight, so it may not be the ideal scooter for your older kids.
The Razor E325 Seated electric scooter is also getting great reviews. The detachable seat is something that is so appealing. It allows the rider to cruise along seated or standing up. It has a huge deck that offers plenty of room for your kid’s feet. It features an electric motor that is chain driven so it runs smooth and quiet. The good thing about this electric scooter is that your kids can grow old with it because it can take as much weight as 220 pounds.
• Good for kids 12 years and older
• Seated scooters offer great comfort
• Full 45 minutes of riding fun on a fully charged battery
• Can be driven to school in some districts
• Allows the kids to enjoy the fresh air and the sun (rather than being cooped up indoors with their PCs or the TV)
• Not for long-distance transportation
• May not be safe to drive by kids younger than 12 years old
• May not be able to take the weight of older and heavier kids
These electric scooters are developed for children 12 years old and older or those with enough comprehension about the dynamics of gas and break. Younger kids may not fully understand that and they may end up getting hurt. Of course, giving you kids a quick lesson or a crash course on gas and braking will be a good idea.
Also, it will be best if you will only allow your kids to use their scooters in no-hazard areas like the park or an isolated parking lot.
Most of the newer electric scooter models have seats on them and this allows for more comfort during the ride. This means that you do not need to stand all the time; you can sit down and truly enjoy the ride. For kids’ electric scooter with seats on them, the handlebars are usually adjustable so that you can sit and still steer and maneuver properly.
Again, these kids scooters are highly functional and safe to use, but being on the safer side is always the best. Therefore, the use of a helmet and other safety accessories is a must. Do not let your kids take their electric scooters without taking their helmets and accessories first. It is better if you talk to your kids first and let them understand the need and importance of the safety accessories. Once they have acknowledged that they understand everything, and then all you have to do is to trust them and let them enjoy their vehicles.
Read Time:4 Minute, 59 Second
The powerful Currie Technologies Ezip E450 electric scooter is working on mobile vehicles designed to ride short distances. It comes with a portable seat and allows for 15 miles per hour maximum speed in trip of about 8 miles in fully charged battery.
This is a great electric scooter. It is good if you must to go out and the distance you will be going to is too short for a car ride but too long for a leisurely walk. Kids will surely enjoy riding this electric scooter on their feet and for adults; the removable seat will surely come in handy.
It is actually one of the most popular electric kids scooters that are available in the market today. It is designed to be driven by kids and adults alike, 13 years old and above.
Currie Technologies Ezip E450 Electric Scooter Features:
This kids’ electric scooter comes with a durable steel-frame body and a powerboard structure for standing as well as a functional removable plush seat gear.
It is safe to use especially with the front brakes that features power modulator, which allows for full stopping ability and the Street Slick tires (10 inch) also provide additional safety.
Other features of this electric scooter include a battery box and changeable speed twist grip. This kids’ scooter s can take as mush weight as 180 pounds and the motor allows for 15 MPH speed limit and 8 mile range per charging is dependent on the weight of the rider and the type of terrain
This electric scooter is packed with motor power from DC Earth Magnet at 450 W, an EV Rated SLA Type battery (Plug and Play Design), lay forward handle bars and unicorn fork that comes with over steering. It also comes with a stable kick stand with a dependable spring, which means that it can pretty hold up the electric scooter in place without you having to worry about anything.
It also has power on and power of switch and the charging system is accessible through the swing away access port located in the structure console. A battery charge light indicator shows how much power you have. The deck is made up of non-slip ABS Resin with In-Mold Graphics and Brand Logo Badge.
Maintenance of this electric scooter is minimal. You need to do regular oiling on the chain to ensure that it stays rust-free.
The brakes of your Currie technologies Ezip E450 electric scooter also need to be regularly checked. If you let your kids ride the electric scooter, you have to teach them how to check the brakes before taking the vehicle out of the house.
Do not forget to check on the tires too. Make sure that they have enough inflation to avoid unnecessary disasters. You need to makes sure that the tires do not have too much or too less air, they should be sufficiently inflated.
Battery recharging is the most common maintenance work that you and your family will have to do and with the easy to access charging port, recharging is a breeze. It is best if you recharge after each use, that way the electric scooter is ready to go for the next user.
For troubleshooting it is best to check the User’s manual that comes with your purchase. There are instances though that you may be able to do some troubleshooting on your own. If the electric scooter won’t start, you have to see what causes it first. It may have automatically shut off, so the best thing you can do is to turn it off and then on again. Usually that works. If it did not work, inspect for battery connection. If that is not the problem, check the fuse.
• Powerful kids’ electric scooter
• Runs fast and evenly even when going up on hills
• Starts up well, no need for a kick off to get it running
• Nicely designed
• Sturdily built frame
• Highly affordable
• Very handy and compact
• Reliable kick stand
• High quality rubber tires
• Battery charge indicator is very useful.
• The handle bars are short, really just for kids
• No kick off means if it dies when you are far from home you have to push it all the way
• No seat springs
• No shock absorbers
• Uncomfortable to ride in uneven terrain
Currie Technologies Ezip E450 Electric Scooter Reviews:
This particular product has been getting great electric scooter reviews.It is usually compared to its bigger brother the Ezip 500, which is by far the more popular, but also the more expensive and the heavier.
Therefore, those who like their electric scooters handy and comfortable are quite satisfied with this particular scooter. They like then fact that even it is lightweight it still can hold up to 180 pounds of weight. The 8 miles distance range is something that uses love about. It allows them to go for quick grocery shopping and kids even take their electric scooters to school.
The design is quite neat and it can be proudly driven around the community. Kids are actually happy to ride around with their friends.
For adults, they said that it is best to use the scooter’s removable seat because the handle bars are too short and riding on their feet seems clumsy and uncomfortable.
The Currie Technologies Ezip E450 Electric scooter is a pretty durable and fast vehicle. If you want something that can take you up hills and around your neighborhood, this is the scooter for you.
It is highly recommended for kids aged 13 years old and above. For best safety precautions, do not let your kids use the electric scooter without donning their helmets first. The scooter runs fast enough that it can cause some small injuries if the rider accidentally falls off.
All in all, this is a very nice and useful electric scooter. It is highly recommended too and the electric scooter reviews prove that.
Read Time:5 Minute, 46 Second
This is a razor e300 electric scooter review. The Razor E300 Electric Scooter is the product of Razor company that accelerates with electricity. This razor electric scooter is produced after the production of electric scooter of models E100 and E200. This kid’s electric scooter is the modified version of Razor scooters E100 and E200 and the electric scooter reviews received so far are very positive which are making this E300 electric scooter one of the highest products of all.
While riding the Razor E300 Electric Scooter, the rider can easily attain the speed of up to 15 mi.Rear brakes are operated manually.
The E300 kids electric scooter is a product which have frame and deck having large dimensions and it is such type of scooter on which maximum two people can ride easily because it is 40 inches long and 35 to 42 inches high. It has adjustable handlebars providing joy to the drives. The frame and deck of this razor electric scooter are very long and when you talk about it’s deck, it is 8 inches wide. Due to its strong frame and long deck the Razor E-300 electric scooter can bear weight to the extent of 220 pounds of drivers.
Battery And Charging.
The E300 razor electric scooter has a battery charger which contains 24 volts of battery. It requires around 8 hours to completely charge the battery and It can run up-to 45 minutes per charge. The razor electric scooter has a charger which is used with some other razor electric scooter models like E300, E325, E325S (having removable seats) and E300S( having removable seats) and with all removable seated electric scooters. This charger contains LED indicators which show charging status and mechanically shuts down when battery is completely charged. It is suitable to use sealed chemical of lead acid ( SLA) batteries in all Razor electric scooter models. The razor electric scooter is provided with 2 batteries of 12 volts containing 7 ampere per hour.
Repair and Maintenance .
• To adjust the brakes in your electric scooter, you need to twist brake lever tool in and out ¼ to ½ until you attain your desired brake adjustment. But, if your brake is still creating problems then attempt next step.
• If your brake is too loose or too tight then use 10mm wide wrench in order to loose or tight the nut.
Replacement of Rear Tire and Chain
• For the replacement of the chain, you need to loose two screws.
• With the help of 10 mm wrench, disconnect the cable by loosing “ brake cable anchor” from the electric scooter.
• Then loose “ Brake Housing Cable” with the help of 8mm wrench and remove it. Keep the bolts and spacer together.
• By the help of 10mm wrench, loose axle adjusters giving approximately 5 turns.
• The 17mm wrenches are then used to loose the axle, chain and removing of the wheel.
• Place new wheel and chain by placing the chain and slipping the axle into the frame.
• To connect brake housing anchor, arrange the adjustor of cable guide. Then install bolts and spacer but do not tight them before the last step.
• Connect brake spring and tie cable into cable anchor. Thread the wire to its actual position.
• Install the axle nuts and adjustors and tight them until they fully hold the hardware.
• Screw tightly the axle adjustors with the same number of twists to produce tension on the chain and to place the wheel to its actual position.
• Finally, screw brake housing anchor and take a secure test drive.
Battery and Charger Care.
Always place batteries in the room having temperatures below 750 and above -100F. The chargers supplied with razor electric scooter should be regularly examined to save damaging from cord, enclosure and plug.
Accessories or Parts
There are several parts that are necessary in the razor electric scooter.
• Handlebar grips ( left/ right).
• Handlebar stem
• Single speed twist grip throttle.
• Quick release lever.
• Headset (lower/ upper)
• Front fork
• Front wheel
• Charger port
• Reset button
• Control module
• Battery Bracket
• Deck plate
• Chain guard
• Rear wheel complete
The customers of razor electric scooter are very satisfied with their choice. However, there are some who have some hesitation and threats before buying it, but when they have bought kids electric scooter they are very happy. The electric scooter reviews pushed them to buy this remarkable product. Some of them has gifted this electric scooter to their children by seeing the electric scooter reviews of those people who have gifted the to their own children.
Pros and Cons of Razor E300 Electric Scooter.
From the above product description and customer testimonials, you can now understand the disadvantages and advantages of razor electric scooter.
1. Big dimension frame and deck
This electric scooter contains a very large size of frame and deck. So, it is ideal for scooter drivers who have age ranging from 12 years or more. Having these kids electric scooter, children as well as their parents are very comfortable.
2. 10 inches Pneumatic wheels
Due to the good electric scooter reviews and pneumatic wheels, people are attracted towards it. This electric scooter makes them comfortable to ride and there are some people who have mentioned that it gives a smooth ride.
3. Manually Control of Brakes
This kids electric scooter uses hand braking system giving drivers comfort to ride. This electric scooter also uses rear tire braking mechanism reducing the probabilities of accidents.
• Chain tension
Some people are not comfortable with the braking system of this razor electric scooter although there is nothing wrong with its adjustment. To avoid this problem, you need to look at your chain’s tension as if it is too tight then the electric scooter creates problem to operate. So, it is suitable to loose chain up-to ¾ inch.
• Available only for 12 years or older
This kids electric scooter is suitable for the children of age 12 or more. But, there is some guidance available if your child who is not 12 years old wants to have the kids electric scooter. You can accompany with him in the ride but make sure that the sum of yours and your son’s body weight should not above than 220 lbs.
This electric kids scooter is the best choice to present as a christmas gift, as it is safe to use and easy to adjust. Its folded handlebar mechanism makes it easy to store and space friendly vehicle. The Twist Grip Speed Control enable the rider to control the speed as per his need. It is the best option for giving it as a present to your loved ones. Its long battery life and special features make it so exciting that nobody wants to drop it. By having the best accessories of razor electric scooter, you can enjoy the best ride.
Read Time:7 Minute, 6 Second
This Razor E100 Electric Scooter review will show that it is one of the Razor brand created in 2000 by the Razor USA Company. It is a sleek scooter with twist-grip throttle and a belt-driven motor that is ultra quiet. The E100 razor is the best device for teenagers and pre-teens from eight years old, especially as a christmas gift present, who want to dash over to a friend’s house or quickly rush to the market. It has a chain drive motor which gives it power for a fun and fast cruise.
The motor of the Razor E100 Electric Scooter moves at a high speed equal to 10 mph. This is about 40 minutes use per charge.
The Razor E100 Electric Scooter only needs a slight physical kickoff of about 3 miles for every hour prior to its start. Once the rider starts moving, though, the electric motor inclines very fast to allow for some fun. This ramping is about 10 miles every hour. Although it is fast, it is not so fast to cause any chaos on the sidewalks. It also has a mechanism for folding the handlebar making it easy to transport and store it. A maximum weight of 120 pounds is guaranteed by an 8-inch front tire that is pneumatic, a front brake that is hand operated, and a4.9-inch rear wheel that is polyurethane.
Battery & Charging.
Battery can be rechargeable, taking up to eight hours charge completely. The charger has a signal when it is completely charged. It takes less time. Baterry of Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a long life and reliable.
Repair & Maintenance.
Before changing or adjusting the brakes of the electric scooter, ensure that there are no loose connections under the deck plate and if there are some, they should be reconnected. Loose wires should also be checked in the parts near the brake lever, in case of any loose wires, the brake lever should be replaced. Lastly, the brake cable should at all times, be checked for damage. In case the cable is damaged, the brake lever needs to be replaced.
Replacement of Rear Tire & Chain.
Before replacing a chain, the chain tension should be checked. If the chain is too loose it should be adjusted. The sprocket on the rear tire should be properly aligned. This alignment should be with the gear that is on the motor shaft. If there is no alignment, then the sprocket should be adjusted. The gear on the motor wheel should also be checked to ensure that it is not bent. When all these have been checked, then the chain tension should be checked and there after replaced if broken.electric scooter accessories
When replacing a rear tire; the following procedure should be followed.
• The brake cable and anchor should first be loosened before they are removed.
• The brake arm anchor should also be loosened, and then removed.
• The spacer and bolt should be maintained together.
• The axle adjusters should be loosened on either side by the same amounts, around five turns
• The inset axle nuts are then loosened and the wheel pushed forward so that the drive belt can be loosened
• The old wheel can now be pulled out and the new wheel installed. Put the belt on the wheel pulley and slide the axle in the holes on the frame.
• The cable and brake anchor arm can be hooked up by aligning the cable guide adjuster and fitting in the bolt and spacer.
• The brake spring should then be inserted and the cable wire threaded into the cable anchor. The cable should then be threaded to its initial position and firmly tightened.
• The axle nuts and adjusters should then be fitted in and tightened and re-tightened until 5 turns to center the wheel properly.
• The wheel should be turned clockwise severally while observing the tension of the belt ensuring it is not too tight
• After aligning the belt at the center, ensure that its tension is okay and tighten the axle nuts firmly.
electric scooter reviews
Battery & Charger Care.
A newly bought E100 electric scooter battery should first of all be charged fully. This will take about 12 hours as they are new.
The electric scooter should be switched off when charging so as to prevent the scooter from being activated accidentally thereby damaging it. It is also recommended to always charge the battery after a very long ride, instead of waiting until it is completely discharged. The scooter should be switched off at all times when not in use.
Accessories or Parts.
There are various parts that make up the Razor E100 Electric Scooter. They include:
• Battery charger
• Spark replacement cartridge
• Twist throttle
• Double welded frames
• Fixed axle
• Brake lever
• Brake cable
• Deck plate
• Breaker button
• Piece chain guard electric scooter reviews
• Front wheel, rear wheel
• Front tire
• Controller module
• Brake and switch unit
• Cut out switch
• Chain guard
• Replacement plastic foot plate
• Front Inner tube
• Kick stand
Every product in the market has varying reviews from its customers. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter has been recommended by most parents as the best present to buy for your teen child. And with Christmas coming, this will be a superb christmas gift idea. Its power is not too much as to cause accidents. Once the kids learn how to use it, most customers testify it to be the best. Some customers though, have complained that when taking a sharp corner, the chain protector hauls the pavement. Although it causes no damage, these customers recommend that the chain protector should be raised a little bit higher from the ground. electric scooter parts
Pros & Cons of Razor E300 Electric Scooter.
As discussed above, it is evident that every kids scooter product must have its pros and cons. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is not no exception. Its pros and cons are discussed below as:
1. Its battery lasts long. It can last up to an hour of riding uphill and downhill. This makes it very friendly for the kids as they can play for one hour continuously without recharging it.
2. It has a very big pneumatic tire which makes it very easy to ride on the rocks and bumps.
3. Some parts of the Razor E100 Electric Scooter can be disjointed from one another. This is very convenient especially during transportation.
4. The Razor E100’s scooter is very strong and firm. It is therefore good for teen kids because of their energy.
5. It is also fast though not too fast as to cause accidents and injuries.
6. It comes in only two parts, being the main body and the shaft. Putting together of these two makes the scooter complete thus making it very easy to assemble.
1. Insufficient brake
Some people have risen complains regarding the scooter brake as being insufficient. Although the break stops eventually, some clients have complained that it is insufficient. This can be controlled by teaching the kids how to deal with it. They should be taught how to steer from circumstances and free the throttle.
2. The rear wheel Although the rear wheel of the scooter is very solid and polished, it can slide in surfaces that are not dry. Complaints of kids sliding and breaking their arms have been reported pointing out to the slick rear wheel. This situation can however be minimized with the use of a rubber tire that is grooved.
3. Too large a drive chain cover The drive chain sticks on the back wheel’s right side, which has a cover. Many people have complained that this cover is too big that it inhibits most turns to the right. When turning to the right, some contact is felt on the road by the cover, making the back wheel lose touch with the road. To avoid this problem, the cover can be made to be slightly smaller to ensure that the right turns are smooth.
From the above review, Razor E100 Scooter is very suitable for children above eight years. Protection measures and precautions especially on speed and the required weight should be put into consideration. Maintenance should also be upheld to ensure that it lasts long. Razor E100 Electric Scooter is therefore recommended and guaranteed no disappointments as long as the review is considered. If you are thinking of a birthday present for your kid, then, look no further!