- Best Car Seats For 1 Year Old And Above
- Featured Ideal Kids Car Seats 2019
- Graco 4Ever 4-in-1– Best Selling For Newborns To Toddlers
- Britax Boulevard ClickTigh– Best For Fast Growing Babies
- Check Out The Buyer Guide
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1– For 1 Year Old Toddler
- Best Safety Car Seats for 1 Year Old Buyers Guide
- FAQs For Selecting Ideal Car Seats for 1 year Old
Best Car Seats For 1 Year Old And Above
It is really difficult to select the car seat for your baby, but we have made this decision very easy for you. We think that it is even harder to find a best solution for your 1 years old kid, as at this age kids are more energetic. So at this stage, parents are often searching for the car seat that is easy to install, rather single hand installation is more desirable, have flexible harness belts and have different adjustment positions.
Furthermore two main points of focus for parents is buying secure and comfortable car seats. The selected list contains the top rated car seat reviews of top rated brands like Graco, Britax and Safety 1st etc.
If you are looking for a good brand and in affordable price then Graco seats are best for you. If your priority is the best quality car seat and you have a flexible budget, then Britax car is a good option in the market. Finally, Safety 1st infant car seats are for those who have a less budget and are looking for a reasonable all in one seat.
Featured Ideal Kids Car Seats 2019
Go through the reviews and buy the best one for you little bundles of joy.
Graco 4Ever 4-in-1– Best Selling For Newborns To Toddlers
Graco 4ever car seat is the best selling child car seat for decades. Graco has always focused on providing quality with comfort, and this is evident from the fact that parents prefer this brand over other brands available in the market.
Graco 4ever all in one car seat grows with your child and you can use it right away from the birth of your little one, to when he turns to 1 year old till the age of 10 years. The ideal infant and 5 point harness to booster seat for a toddler as well.
The harness can be adjusted in 10 different positions, so it is easy to adjust it according to the needs of a child. The height and weight of a baby is not an issue, as the harness is adjustable to maximum level.
Furthermore, there are 6 recline positions that makes it one of the best harness to booster seats, so it adds on an extra level of comfort for babies. InRight Latch system is installed and you can use another one as attachment place is available with the primary Latch system.
Fabric of seat is very soft and it absorbs dust in it, so it doesn’t look dirty outside and it is easily removable as well. The seat cover is washable and you can remove it without removing the harness system.
Finally, it comes in different colors for baby girls and baby boys and neutral colors as well. You can read Graco 4Ever All in One Car Seat Review here
- It comes with all the built in accessories which are necessary.
- Two cup holders are installed on each side in which you can put up snacks and drinks that you baby can enjoy if you are travelling long distances.
- It comes with energy absorbing pads and it gives extra protection to you little one.
- Steel enforced frames give sideways protection.
- In some cars the booster seat doesn’t fit well and you have to adjust the headrest.
- If they don’t adjust as per the requirement, then you will have to delay the usage of booster. But still this is a very rear case that it does not fit.
Final Words on This Review
All in one feature of affordable Graco all in one car seat makes it best child car seat under 300$. Graco4ever car seat is best for those parents who are looking to do a long term investment. It has 10 years of life and it grows with your child.
Right after birth, you can use this convertible car seat in rare position and then after 2 years, you can use forward position. Afterwards it works as a booster car seat. Overall, this is a great convertible car seat on a budget.
Diono Radian RXT– Top Rated For Toddlers
The Diono Radian RXT all in one is one of the promising car seats for toddlers and 1 year old babies. This seat is a convertible which means it will grow with your child. Apart from that it is a narrow built which is good for it to fit three of such seats in an average sized vehicle.
It has an amazing weight limit of 4 to 45 pounds in the rear facing position and a forward facing position which can accommodate from 25 to 65 pounds which is excellent.
What makes this seat the most favorite of moms is its booster provision. When your child grows past the forward facing limit, you can use the booster seat which can take from 50 to 120 pounds. The Diono Radian RXT is an excellent choice to have multiples seated together as it has narrow dimensions of 16 x 17 x 28.5 inches with a weight of 27 pounds.
Overall this is a good option for you as you can have it under $350. It will grow with your 1 year old baby till the age of 10 years, so it is an economical option for you. Check out full review here
- It i a good car seat that converts to a 5 point harness booster seat
- It grows with you baby, and you don’t have to change this car seat again and again
- The life span of this seat is almost 8 to 10 years
- The seat covers are removable and washable.
- It is not suitable for infants
- It has only 1 cup holder
Final Words on This Review
Finally, if you are looking for a reliable and safest option for your energetic baby, then this is an ideal option for you. It can hold your baby tightly yet gently to keep him secure from all sides. This is a good baby car seat for 1 year old boy.
Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30– Premium Quality
The US safety standards recommend keeping infants in the rear facing position for as long as possible. Maxi Cosi is a brand specializes in providing rear facing only seats. This seat can take from 4 to 30 pounds of weight in the rear facing with 32 inches of height which is good in our opinion for a car seat.
The Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30 has dimensions of 22.8 x 21.2 x 29.5 inches. This seat is narrow enough for two of these seats to be seated in your midsized car for your twins. Though, it may not be suitable if you have a small sized car.
It comes with an anti-rebound bar and an adjustable recline foot to give the ease of installation. It is considered one of the safest seats you can buy and comes with Air Protect Side Impact Protection for increased safety.
The fabric is comfy and breathable. The fabric draws out liquids from the body and keeps your baby dry and comfortable. The pad comes off and therefore this is extremely easy to clean.
- It is a premium quality of car seat that adjusts in a few models of strollers as well
- It has removable and hand washable seat covers
- It is considered best portable baby seat, due to its light weight
- This slimline car seat that can be adjusted 3 across the car.
- Maxi Cosi 30 exceeds the crash test safety measures expectations.
- You can use it for you newborn baby till he grows 1 year of age or 40 pounds whichever comes first
Final Words on This Review
It weighs only 20 pounds and is the lightest in this range. Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30 is a reasonable option for you as you can buy it under $250 and is indeed a good buy for your kids having said that it is a premium quality overall.
Britax Boulevard ClickTigh– Best For Fast Growing Babies
Britax is one of the best brands for manufacturing baby essentials like car seats and baby strollers. Britax Boulavard ClickTight is a great model introduced by the company a few years back.
The ClickTight technology is an additional feature in the baby’s car seat that makes it more secure.
The sound of click assures you that the baby is harnessed properly and the seat belt is attached properly. It is the best selling baby car seat due to its user friendly features of installation.
The distinguishing feature of Britax Boulavard car seat is the 2 layers of side impact protection. Babies fell more secure and comfortable in this particular model of Britax baby car seat.
Quality of cushions and car seat covers is excellent and washable. 14 recline positions make it an ideal convertible car seat for infants and for toddlers. Read Britax Boulevard ClickTight Car Seat Review here
- If you have more than 1 car, then this is the best convertible car seat for travel. The reason is that you can easily unbuckle it and adjust it in other car.
- So mobility makes it the best option if you are always travelling.
- It grows with your child and you can adjust the harness according to your needs.
- It weighs 24 pounds and it is considered as bit heavier as compared to other models available in the market.
- But this feature makes it stable as well.
Final Words on This Review
Overall Britax Boulavard car seat is a good choice for your 1 year old baby till date.It’s easy to install. No hassle at all. The straps have that extra impact absorption stitching too. So, I would say safety and ease of use are definitely up to the mark hands down. The product expiration age is 10 years and Britax offers a one-year warranty.
I’m not going to blindly agree with Britax and say that it will definitely last 10 years, but it looks pretty solid built and I think it should last about 7 to 8 years. A lot of parents recommend this version and consider it as a good investment as it lasts for years.
Check Out The Buyer Guide
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35– For Newborns To 1 Year Old
Peg Perego is an Italian manufacturer of infant car seats. You think that bang for a buck is almost impossible. Well not in this case. This seat offers you a lot of value for your money.
And since you are buying for your newborn to 1 year old baby, it is even better. It has style, safety, functionality, durability all in one package with no one feature less plausible than the other.
You get to choose from 14 different colors and it comes with no rethread harness. The right tight seat belt lock off and 6 position harness provides for the ease of installation. This seat can also be installed without the base with the seat belt.
The belt paths are color coded and they give you the ease of installation when you are not using the base.
The recline knob comes with a level indicator and the adjustable side impact protection gives increased safety. This seat has dimensions of 28.9 x 17 x 25.3 inches and most parents found it easy to install with two other seats in their cars.
- User Friendly Installation, you can install it single handed
- It has side ways protection for you kid.
- Best if you are buying for a newborn or an infant, as it will be usable for you till you little one turns 1 year old.
- Limited colors available
Final Words on This Review
It is a good choice for you if you have twins or more and you should consider it for newborn baby till he turns 1 year of age. You can get this rear facing car seat in under $300.
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1– For 1 Year Old Toddler
Safety 1st is the brand that is known for quality and affordable option in the market, has introduced many best selling safety 1st car seat models. Model under consideration is Safety 1st Grow and Go 3 in one. It has a side impact protection that makes it secure for baby and comfortable as well.
Three different positions can be adjusted i.e. rear facing, forward facing and a booster position and this feature makes it an ideal car seat for an infant and a 1 year old kid. Due to this feature it has become the most economical and affordable car seat for parents.
The best feature is that it can carry weight up to 100 pounds. Head rest area is wide and the child can easily adjust head in the headrest area, additionally a pillow can be used as well to add extra comfort. One of the great features is that it has cup holders installed on both sides of the seat.
Children can enjoy a lot of snacks and drinks during long drive. Finally the car seat cover is easily removable and machine washable. Read more about Safety First Grow and Go 3-in-1 Review here
- If you have a low budget, then this is one of the best affordable baby car seats.
- It has a slim design and weighs only 24 pounds.
- It is available in gender specific colors and in neutral colors as well.
- Ideal car seat for small cars.
- It doesn’t up to the mark of the standards of FFA safety guidelines.
Final Words on This Review
After a comprehensive review of Safety First Grow and Go, we recommend to buy it. It is the most affordable convertible car seat with a limited features. But the price justifies the features that Safety 1st has provided in this model. Overall, after reading all the Safety 1st car seat reviews, we recommend to try it for once.
Best Safety Car Seats for 1 Year Old Buyers Guide
The only other way to ensure your safety and that of you 1 year old child in the car in addition to careful driving is wearing safety belts, and having the child in the safety car seats. Choosing the right and the best safety car seat for your child can be hectic and expensive. However, the modern parent must over look these two hurdles for the safety of the child at any moment you are traveling with them. Below are 7 tips that will definitely save your money and time.
7 Tips on Buying Safety Seats for Your Child
- First know the scope of your car by reading the car’s user’s manual. Take the measurements of your back seat to know the exact space that is available. Also, take into account who will mostly be riding next to the child in the back seat.
- For the child is growing in size, opt for the convertible safety seats that car be adjusted to accommodate the increase in size. This will save you from by repeated buying of new safety seats whenever the child outgrows the previous ones.
- If you are really on a tight budget, go for a travel system that includes both the baby safety seat and a stroller-this will save you money in the long run. The baby stroller can be used to move the child from the car especially when asleep.
- It is safe to buy a safety seat that is compatible with the changing car seat standards. The seat select must be useable in different cars. Also, it is advisable to avoid hand-me-down/old seats from your friends and families for you are not sure of their condition and safety.
- Focus on 5 most important features; adjustable 2 shoulder straps, 2 waist straps, 1 middle of the leg strap, side impact protectors-cushion or form, and the compatibility to LATCH system. If budget is not restricting buy premium seats that will have additional features such as anti-rebound bars at the foot of the seat which limits slide if involved in a crash, lager canopies, cozier fabrics and other accessories such as little boot on the bottom of child’s feet.
- You should choose a safety seat that is easy to clean and do maintenance. Over the time the fabric will wear out and fade, parts wear out or break, select a seat that can have these being replaced.
- Opt for the safety seat that has installation manual with diagrams for easy DIY (Do It Yourself) installation. This saves on the installation cost for you will not need paying for the installation service. The seat genuine and exact spare parts must be available locally or online. The seat must be accompanied by warranties, hassle free returns and customer support.
FAQs For Selecting Ideal Car Seats for 1 year Old
Which is the best safety car seat for my 1 year old?
It’s very hard to pin point the exact seat that is the most suitable for any child. The are many factors that dictate the seat to select on top of the age of the child such as the body size, weight, length of the regular trips, type of car among many others. However, the best seat should fit your child, the car and your family in terms of comfort and safety so as to be useful on all rides-short or long.
What are the guidelines for using the best child seat?
- Always make sure that the seat does not move more than an inch either to the front or sideways.
- On a rear facing seat thread the straps through the slots below or at the child’s shoulders and through the top strap slots in forward facing safety seats.
- Make the harness comfortable but reasonably tight for the webbing not to be pinched between the fingers.
- Make the top of the harness retainer clip be at the armpit level
- Always put coats or blankets on top of the harness
- Put the child and the safety seat on the rear seat especially if the car has back airbags. However, never put the rear facing seat on the front passenger seat.
- Attach the top tether in front facing safety seat to the designated tether anchor to reduce forward motion in case of a crash.
What is a tether and what’s its purpose?
This a webbed strap that is attached to the top of the safety seat on one end and has fastener or a hook on the other end to reduce forward motion in case of a crash.
What is a Latch on a safety seat?
The word LATCH is acronym for “Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children”.
Which is better a Latch system or the safety belt?
A Latch system allows you to anchor your safety seat on the car without using the car’s safety belts and gives a better fit that the belts. The safety belts are only used if the Latch system results in a loose fit. So Latch system is the better option.
How do I install the safety seat securely?
First read the user’s instruction of the safety seat and that of the car and follow the instructions one by one. Then compress the car’s seat cushion by pushing it downwards on the safety seat. Make sure you remove all the slack on the latch strap and the seat belt, test and make sure that the lap portion is tightly locked. After this the safety seat should stay tight once installed.
How do I tell if my safety seat is installed tightly enough?
Simply hold the belt paths with both hands and try to move it to the front and sideways. It should not slide more that inch in both directions.
With the above information the chances are that you will buy the best safety car seat for your 1 year old without chancing and having doubts. However, go through individual safety seats’ features and specifications before making the final decision on the purchase of your safety seat. Past review and testimonials online or from friend are also of great importance.