- 1 Presenting Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor – Best Video Baby Monitor Reviews
- 2 Features of Presenting Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 3 Pros & Cons
- 4 Our Review
- 5 About Post Author
Presenting Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor – Best Video Baby Monitor Reviews
One of the most trusted names in best baby essentials products offers an innovative machine for your baby monitoring needs. The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is at the cutting-edge of technology.
No one can have a peaceful sleep like this. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is the solution to all problems. It provides the latest technology to monitor kids.
It is really big trouble for parents to go to sleep keeping their little kids alone in the next room. No one can have a peaceful sleep like this. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens, White/Beige is the solution to all problems. It provides the latest technology to monitor kids, listen to any sounds and also talk back to them. The monitor is truly above customers’ expectations.
But first, the specs.
Wireless range: up to 700′
Features of Presenting Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- Infant optics present monitor with a switchable optical lens so that the user can adapt viewing angle according to need.
- It has 3.5 inches full-colour LCD display.
- There is a folding antenna with an LED display activated by sound.
- Provision for tilt and zoom with automated remote control.
- It has got extended battery life. Nearly 10 hrs on power-saving mode and 6 hrs with screen mode.
- The product contains one optical lens for zooming. A wide-angle lens can be purchased separately.
- One Lithium-ion battery is used
- Its dimensions are 9.2 by 8.5 by 3.6 inches
- The item weighs only 2 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Infant optics provides the best solution to monitor the child from distance. Thus parents can have a peaceful sleep at night. The monitor is compatible with three types of lens-normal lens, zooming lens and a lens for wide perspective vision. This entire different lens helps to choose the most preferable direction for complete monitoring. Video streaming is done in the real-time frame to a 3.5 inches LCD display. This ultra-modern technology provides a high definition image. Moreover switching over different lenses is also quite easy to do.
- In the Normal setting, the aluminum lens hood presents a flawless image with mid-range coverage. The zoom-in an optical lens is preferred for close up view, especially during sleep. Lastly, the wide-angle lens captures the total room in a 179 degrees panoramic view.
- The display unit is so modified that one can hear minute sound from the other side. The resolution and colour are also in high definition. The infra-red night vision is the best way to look over a baby, all throughout the night. The excellent clarity of the night vision makes the product unbeatable.
- The other feathers which make this device unique from others are remote camera tilt or pan, talk-back function, room-temperature sensor and many more.
- Any difficulty related to Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens, White/Biege is really very hard to find out. Nevertheless, there is an issue of customer service if some part is broken or damaged, and the problem becomes more intensive if the product has crossed the warranty period. Each and every parts of this monitor are highly advanced, and rare, so it can’t be easily repaired in a normal shop.
- The temperature gauge isn’t very accurate
- Turning the video on requires the whole monitor to be turned off first
- Sound sensitivity isn’t very good for newborns
Consumer Ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars at Amazon
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens, White/Biege is loved by the maximum of its users. Countless reviews suggest that the monitor is very easy to operate, and it provides all of the promising features.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor has one up over its competitors. It comes with the capability to interchange optical lenses. What does this mean? Only that you get to customize your viewing angles and zoom. That means you can get the most suitable views wherever you choose. It’s all very professional and with the added features, all very convenient, too.
The 3.5″ color LCD screen is pretty much standard for many monitors of this type. And the real-time video streaming allows you to see and hear everything from the baby’s room. In fact, the sound quality is good enough to actually pick up ambient sound as well. The unit is easily controlled by remote so you don’t have to exercise so much movement to follow the baby. Pan, tilt or zoom to your heart’s content with a simple click. It’s a fairly easy machine to use, really.
It comes with a night vision feature and we’re happy to note that the picture quality remained sharp and crystal clear. The battery lasted a good while, almost 6 hours when we had the display on all the time. The manual states you can get as much as 10 hours per charge if it’s left on standby. You’d also love how it has a more than adequate and lengthy power cord.
Of course, it has to be mentioned that while the sound is mostly clear, sound sensitivity cannot be adjusted. So if you have a newborn in the house, you might not be able to pick up any of his sounds unless he’s already full-on wailing.
There’s also the added hassle of having to turn the whole monitor off before you can turn the video on. And we’re not sure if it’s just the unit we tested, but the temperature gauge seems to be off by a couple of degrees.
However, the transmission is reliable. You can get a clear picture even with 2 or 3 brick walls in-between. Even more reliable is the customer service. The folks at the call center are very helpful and friendly and they’re available 7 days of the week!
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor, on the whole, is a well-crafted, reliable and sturdy unit with adequate design. The parent unit actually uses a standard micro USB port for charging. So as long as there’s one where you’re going (and it’s almost a given that there’s always a standard USB port everywhere), then you can pretty much bring the DXR-8 with you and not worry about going low on the battery juice. Coupled with its quick-key volume and brightness controls, alarm function, and other warnings and indicators, it’s a convenient little machine to have.