- 1 10 Amazing Car Seat Safety Tips You Should Know
- 2 Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Harvest Moon
- 3 Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat (Seaport)
- 4 Safety 1st Grow & Go Comfort Cool 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Niagara Mist, One Size
- 5 Safety 1st Jive 2-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon
- 6 Safety 1st Grand Booster Car Seat, Black Sparrow, One Size (BC149EZA)
- 7 Safety 1st Onboard 35 LT Comfort Cool Infant Car Seat, Niagara Mist
- 8 Baby Trend Cover Me 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Vespa
- 9 General ISOFIX Belt Latch Connector Child Car Safety Seat Connector for Fixed Child Car Seats
- 10 Share
- 11 About Post Author
Ensuring a safe ride for your baby is one of the best things you can do for your children. Traveling with a baby can be very challenging since there are a lot of factors to consider such as the baby’s position, health, and needs. But the bottom line of everything is to make the ride as worthwhile and secure as possible. Here are 10 amazing car seat safety tips you need to know before traveling with infants, toddlers, or children.
- It is advised by the law to let the children stay in the backseat because it is the safest place for children. In case vehicle collisions happen, there is less impact at the back keeping the child safe and secure.
- Choose the right car seat for your child’s weight and height. There are models and brands suited for infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers, and youth. Car seats are recommended for children ages 0-13 years old. Infants should be placed in infant car seats which are facing the rear portion of the car and away from active airbags. If the baby outgrows the infant car seat, a convertible car seat is a next choice. The law requires 2-year-old children to use the front-facing position car seat.
- If the child is about 20 pounds, he can already ride facing forward as long as the car seat has tether straps. The straps should be comfortable so as not to hurt the child once the collision happens.
- For children ages 4-8 years old, booster seats are required. Children ages 4-8 years old are still small enough to wear a seat belt. If the child is between 40-100 pounds, booster seat must be used because studies show that booster seats protect the children 3 times better than seat belts. In using a booster seat, a combination of lap and shoulder belt must be used to protect the child from further injury if the vehicle encounters a collision.
- The installation of the car seat must be properly done. The bottom of the car seat must be tightly installed to avoid movement. Now, there are new features added to car seats to keep it in place. You can ask your nearest provider about it. Make sure that the car seat does not move more than 1 inch of its original position.
- Don’t forget to register for your car seat. This is important because it’s easy for you to be notified in case the product is recalled.
- Replace the car seat if the baby outgrows it. Although it might cause additional expenses, the safety of your child is still the priority.
- The harness is also an important feature of the car seat. Make sure that the harness is firm and secure. To find out if the harness is in place, get two fingers between the chest of the child and the straps. If there is more space, then the harness is not tight enough.
- Don’t ever leave the baby in the car unattended even if he stays in the car seat. Children are very curious by nature. They might touch parts and remove certain features which can cause them injury or accidents.
- Don’t use features or accessories not made for your car seat. IF you want additional features or attachments, ask your manufacturer about it.
Car accidents are great causes of death among children and one of the reasons is the improper use of car seats. Let’s always remember the safety of our kids. For more information, contact your public health unit for more safety tips regarding your baby car seat.
Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Car Seat, Harvest Moon
$139.99 in stock
- Built to grow: The 3 in 1 car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds, forward facing 22 to 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- Side impact protection: The grow and go’s side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- Easy in, easy out: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it is easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19 to 40 inches. Forward facing height is 29 to 52 inches
- Quickfit harness: With the quickfit harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- Wash and dry: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; No fuss for truly easy cleaning
Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat (Seaport)
- Perfect for smaller cars or for extra space in your larger vehicle, this LATCH equipped Safety 1st car seat accommodates children from 5 to 40 pounds in rear facing mode and from 22 to 65 pounds in forward facing mode
- Adjust the 5 point harness from the front of the seat
- Side impact protection built into this infant car seat keeps your little one extra secure
- Three of these seats can fit side by side in the back seat of most cars, perfect for growing families and carpools
- Removable body pillows ensure that your little one sits comfortably in the seat, while a removable cup holder keeps a drink close by
Safety 1st Grow & Go Comfort Cool 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Niagara Mist, One Size
- Built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-50 lbs., forward-facing 22-65 lbs., and belt-positioning Booster 40-100 lbs. Actual fit may vary. Not all children will comfortably fit in the seat for the full weight and height ranges Listed.
- Comfort cool technology keeps baby cool, dry and comfortable
- Side Impact protection
- Three cozy reversible pillows for a snug fit
- Soft touch armrests with integrated storage pockets
Safety 1st Jive 2-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon
- An extra-comfortable ride that lasts for years: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 22-65 pounds
- Side impact protection
- Fits 3 across in the back seat of most vehicles
- 2 removable dishwasher-safe cup holders
- 5-point harness with easy up-front adjustment
Safety 1st Grand Booster Car Seat, Black Sparrow, One Size (BC149EZA)
- Extended Use: forward-facing with harness, 30-65 pounds and Belt-positioning Booster, 40-120 pounds
- Designed to fit 3 ACROSS in most vehicles - Great for growing families and car pools
- Lightweight and easy to move from car to car
- Deluxe fabric gives kids a comfy ride
- Adjustable headrest allows for customizable support
Safety 1st Onboard 35 LT Comfort Cool Infant Car Seat, Niagara Mist
$99.99 in stock
- Rear-facing 4-35 pounds. (Actual fit may vary. Not all children will comfortably fit in the seat for the full weight and height ranges Listed.)
- Comfort cool technology keeps baby cool, dry and comfortable
- Side Impact protection with deep sides and energy absorbing materials
- Lightweight with exceptional safety using next-generation Engineering
- 4 harness heights spaced right for a better fit from tiny to tall
Baby Trend Cover Me 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Vespa
- Integrated Adjustable Canopy for UV Protection: Integrated height and angle adjustable canopy for in-car UV protection. Flip-out side visors provide additional shade protection for either side of the car seat.
- 4-in-1 Seating System: Built for extended use including 1) Rear Facing Infant mode from 4 to 18lbs 2) Rear Facing Toddler mode from 18 to 40lbs 3) Forward Facing with Harness mode from 22 to 65 lbs 4) Belt Positioning Booster mode from 40 to 100lbs
- Comfort & Convenience for Kiddos: Child can quickly adjust the canopy when car is in motion and sun is coming from multiple directions. The CoverMe's exclusive Comfort Cabin offers extra padding to keep child comfortable on long rides.
- Includes an integrated headrest with no rethread harness. Three positions recline that allows front seat passengers to have extra legroom, while an integrated recline flip foot offers dual adjustment and gives the right angle with ease.
- Fits Three Across in Most Vehicles: At its widest. the Baby Trend CoverMe 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is 18.25", which allows it to fit three children across in most vehicles.
General ISOFIX Belt Latch Connector Child Car Safety Seat Connector for Fixed Child Car Seats
$16.99 in stock
- SAVE TIME:This is a easy-use car seat safety connector for fixed child car seats.Can save your time very well.
- FUNCTION:It can be used for any car with ISOFIX connector or LATCH connector. It is strong and durable, give you a safe and happy driving.
- SAFETY:This ISOFIX Interface belt is a UPDATED PRODUCT, the new version SPRING adjustable car lock button can ensure your car seat more steady which makes it more safety for your kids.
- WIDELY USE:It is a ISOFIX interface device suit for MOST baby car safety seats and boosters, more steady and safe , easy to install and use.
- ADEQUATE QUALITY: High quality plastic ABS757, stainless steel and high strength polyester ribbon, strict sewing, etc., can securely hold the child seat and keep your baby more safe.