When our son was born, we had initially bought a regular high chair. It worked well but it always felt big and in the way. It was then that I started looking for an alternative that would be just as comfortable and practical but that wouldn’t have the clutter factor of a regular high chair. One day, I stumbled upon the Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, bought it, and haven’t looked back since.
This chair is perfect for parents looking for an alternative to the traditional high chair. Whether you want to save space or you prefer to have your baby or toddler sit directly at the table with you, this chair will exceed your expectations. Some of its key features include:
- Can be used from birth and up; The chair has a three position recline option as well as a three position height adjustment which fits most dinning tables
- Ease of use and secure with two sets of clips; One that clips onto the back of the dinning chair and the other, underneath it.
- Removable cover for easy washing; the cover also washes very well with a damp cloth so there is no need to remove it every time it is used.
- Removable tray for easy clean up.
- Transforms into a booster seat for toddlers; same great seat but without the cover and the backrest.
This chair is getting rave reviews on the web and aside from one detail, I have nothing but good things to say about it. It seems to be quite comfortable and suitable for smaller, younger babies when used in the most inclined position. Now that my toddler has graduated to another booster seat, I’m thinking that this high chair will be very useful again once I have baby #2; he or she will be able to sit at the table with us while we eat our meals.
My son is quite the messy eater (really, which toddler isn’t, right?!) and I have had to clean up some gooey messes from the chair cover. I have never had an issue with stains. After two years, the cover still looks like its new. I have thrown it in the wash a few times and it is still intact and there has been no fading whatsoever.
The only negative point I can think of for this chair is that when used in booster seat mode, my son never quite seemed to be at ease. The seat appeared to be a little too deep for him and without the back piece to support him, it just felt like he was sliding around in it without being able to find a proper seating position. My son was always small for his age so that might be the reason why it didn’t suit him that well during that phase. It might be different for bigger babies and toddlers.
High chairs on the market these days can be pricey. If you are looking for an affordable, easy to use, and compact chair that will fit your baby from the first few weeks well into the toddler years, the Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair is a must-have item!